Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A thought and a quote

The other night I was just thinking, how simple it would be if I could just know what God has for my life. You know…twenty years from now, will I be a homeschooling mom somewhere…or will I be living in some foreign country working at an orphanage…or will I be in some other missionary position… or does God have “behind the scenes” work for me to do…Living the uneventful life of a prayer warrior yet just as active for the Lord…then I was thinking it would be easier to prepare for my life if I knew what I was going to be doing…but, then I thought of a quote from Amy Carmichael… I’ve really been thinking on it a lot…she once said:
“Home, with all it prohibitions and opportunities to die daily offered far greater training than any Bible school curriculum.”
So, it reminded me to be making the most of my time right now. To be willing to learn the lessons God has for me to learn right now. To live the mundane, but live it with the Creator of the spectacular!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No need to try to live in the future. Just enjoy the present! You'll never live a October 13, 2006 day again. Kinda funny to think about. Have a great day!
Joanna

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home