Tuesday, October 10, 2006

A few insights from my Spanish today...

Amazing the insights you get when you start learning another language!
Such as, a few things that I’ve found…in Spanish, the word for a “fly” is a “mosca.” Now, when I heard this, the first thing that came to my mind was…well, that makes sense! I guess a little fly would be a—mosquito!
Today, I was studying and came across a flash card for housewife, or homemaker. The Spanish…el ama de casa. Which is literally a house lover!
I love learning Spanish!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! I am doing it too. It is kinda interesting. It's kinda funny how a lot of their words are "take-offs" from ours.
Have a great day1
Joanna

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! I am doing it too. It is kinda interesting. It's kinda funny how a lot of their words are "take-offs" from ours.
Have a great day!
Joanna

5:43 PM  
Blogger Kim C. said...

Yes, most of their words have roots in Latin, as do about half of ours.
But the housewife - that's brilliant! Thanks for sharing!

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home