Monday, October 09, 2006

An awesome day!

Yes, not getting much sleep and being sick and it being a Monday…would normally make for a very hard day. But today was not normal. Mama declared a quiet time for the whole house from one to two, and the options were reading or sleeping. The idea probably was that we would get to work after an hour or so… Having gotten less than six hours of sleep last night, I definitely chose the sleeping. I’ve not taken a nap in the middle of the day for probably several years…today I slept for over three hours.
Then, after I got up, I was kind of scared…like, was I now gonna have to do all the work that I normally would have been doing that whole time? So, I asked my mom…she says, well what have you done? I did just algebra and I worked for an hour on my magazine. She says, just go get your record sheet and write sick by anything you didn’t do. That’s not something I can let you do everyday, but today, I will permit it.
Praise the Lord! That was so cool!
Then she hands me a book. Go read, she says… I can do that! I read for about an hour and a half. It felt so good! For so long we have just been busy, busy, busy; running, running, running; everywhere at the same time, not a chance to slow down. But, this weekend was so relaxed! Then to have a relaxed Monday like this…Its not a reality to live this way long, but boy does it feel good every once in a while to taste simplicity!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds refreshing!
Joanna

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home