Sunday, October 08, 2006

Philippians 2

This morning I was reading Philippians 2. This is one of my mom’s favorite Bible passages, so I’ve heard it all my life. Sometimes when you read familiar passages, things don’t sink in…you’ve heard it so many times that you just recite it as you read along and it just doesn’t effect you. This time was different. I read the first two verses…
“Therefore if there is any encouragement in Christ, if there is any consolation of love, if there is any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and compassion, make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose.”
I guess I formed a paraphrase from this that got beyond the familiar words.
“If there is encouragement in Christ, be of the same mind; if there is any fellowship of the spirit, be united in spirit; if any affection and compassion, be intent on one purpose.”
For some reason, that means more to me. I can hear the spirit of the verse that way.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess What, Carrie!!! At my church we are going through Phillipians. Yesterday, we did Phillipians 3:15-21.
Joanna

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home