Monday, June 05, 2006

We’re home...

…And what a week it has been! Tuesday, we left at very early in the morning and we got to Nashville at about noon...maybe a little later...
That night was the big "opening ceremonies" with the ALERT men and all...then Mr. Gothard got up there...and well he had just gotten back from a two-week trip to Mexico with about 50 ATI young people and they had seen God move in incredible ways. They called it the Great Expeditions Team 1.So he had all of them file up onto the stage and a bunch of them shared their testamonies and they sang two songs, and it was just incredible what God did...well Mr. Gothard was so excited about this Great Expeditions Team idea that he talked about it over and over throughout the conference... anyways... that is all to say that now I am drooling over when I can go to Mexico! ALERT is taking a team down there very soon and Daniel is going with them...(like...Thursday, June 9 to to maybe Tuesday June 14...really soon!!!) Anyways...I feel really jealous that he's going and that I don't get to go! :)
That is one thing that is new with me...another thing is how God has really placed in my heart a desire and a longing to love him and know him intamately. That has been the yearning of this week to be personal with Jesus. I have seen the countenances of those who love Him with all they are, and I want that for myself.
An answer to prayer: I have been praying for God to give me someone who I could write or email in Spanish to improve my spanish and to motivate me and encourage me to learn more. Well, he provided. Two of the Great Expeditions team members were chosen to work with the COMMIT girls and one of them was a missionary kid whose dad is from Guatamala and whose mom is from America and they were missionaries to Mexico...she grew up with both languages and was one the translators for the Great Expeditions trip. She is 21 and she said that she would write me in Spanish and help me learn the language. I am absolutely excited about the opportunity!!!
When the conference was over, Friday night, we went to Edgar Evins state park and spent the time there relaxing after the week...

My dad just came and told me that its after midnight....so off I go...
Its kinda tricky...I've been in a different time zone for a week...
God Bless...and hopefully I'll be back without too much silence!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home