Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
We surehad a great time!
We had all the good stuff...turkey, stuffing, corn, green bean casserole, jello, sweet potatoes, jellied cranberry sauce...etc. It was SOO good! Then there was apple, fudge pecan, and pumkin pie! wow! If only I had mulitple stomachs! lol
Grandma and Granddaddy came, though we were sad that my cousins couldn't come...We did invite my dad's cousin who lives local, but we never see...we called him two hours before the food was ready, and he came! It was great! He is a national autoharp champion and is really incredible! He brought two atouharps and we jammed for awhile. It was really great!
Then, after they left, and we got the house cleaned, everyone but Mama, Nina, and the two little boys packed up and went to campus to play frisbee golf! The course is not one of those that has the real baskets and chains and all, its just an unofficial, course that goes all over the heart of campus that everyone just knows. Daniel and a bunch of his freinds play pretty often...but since its all over campus, you can't play when lots of people are around...so, they usually play at midnight...but for some reason Papa didn't want us to play then...But, today is Thanksgiving, and there weren't many people out today...so we played. It was really awesome!
Then this evening, we just sorta "grazed" on leftovers (cause no one was really that hungry) and we asked each other what they wanted for Christmas, and made lists...and planned...and had fun!
Here are ten things I'm grateful for today:

- My Lord Jesus Who traded places with me, so that I could have Eternal Life in Glory!

- My family! they are great! I think that is one of my biggest blessings!

- My awesome friends who take the effort to encourage me in the Things that Really Count

- The beautiful world that God has created for us!

- Parents who truly desire to live their lives to be pleasing in the sight of the Lord, and whose desire is that their children also walk in the Light

- Adorable little brothers! Whatever would I do without my sweet Benjamin and David?!!!!

- Music! Piano and fiddle! Oh, and CD players that let me listen to music that I don't know how to play....western, bluegrass, country, hymns, and such...

- The ability to write! cause I sure do alot of it!

- Internet connection...even if I sometimes hate the way it acts, I'm grateful for it.

- The mailman

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! And don't forget to tell the Lord what you're thankful for, and be grateful to those in your life that help to make your days special!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, carrie_belle!
yeah... I had a great Thanksgiving!!!
sounds like you had a GREAT time too!
your list of ten things to be grateful for is good! I'm probably most thankful for my family and friends! THEY'RE THE BEST!!!
well, ttyl...
Joanna

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home