Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Adventures in Frisbee Golf

Today we played some more frisbee golf on campus...so fun!!
It was a bit chilly though! At one point, I had finished that particular hole, and just Papa and Mama had to finish...we were all waiting, and watching them finish up. It was cold and windy, so I crouched in the bushes to avoid the windchill...I was about a foot or two from the lamp post that was the goal...Papa was just on the other side of the patch of boxwods and hollies. But, I figured that if I just kept on eye on Papa, and his frisbee, then if I needed to I could get out of the way. After all, wouldn't it be funny if of all the places, Papa actually did hit me? I tore off a few leaves, and started to mindlessly tear them apart. Guess what, I got hit pretty squarely in the jaw with Papa's frisbee.
Two throws into the next hole of golf, I was back behind a row of holly trees...they are about 6 or 7 feet tall, and so, I was kinda looking around for my frisbee...and i saw a pink frisbee. Now, the college students that play this cours regularly have to play at midnight when there aren't any pedestrians on the sidewalks...etc...so, because its midnight, its dark, and therefore very easy to lose frisbees in the bushes. We'd found really neat discs in these holly bushes before, so I pulled it out to look at it. It was one of those cheap flimsy frisbees that businesses use for advertising...but i shouted to Peter, "Look! I found a disc!" He shouted to the others...but then I showed him it was not a good disc...and then I tossed it to the others...and we all laughed...about finding a disc, a very junky one...but a disc.Still scanning for my disc, I looked around some more in the bushes. This time I saw a yellow one...mine was yellow, but this one had water in it. Apparently it had been there a while...so I told Peter that maybe I had found something good. I crawled carefully through the holly to where it was, dumped out the water and leaves and turned it over: INNOVA Champion Shark. That is a good disc. The Champion means that its the 13 dollar version of the Shark disc instead of the 8 dollar...pretty good!
The other three discs that we have found on campus have all belonged to the same person, but this one I was happy to find out, has very little wear, no identification, and our friend doesn't have any clue who it belongs to. So pretty much, its mine. A very nice disc!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We played frisbee golf at a course today with the Pauls. It's a bunch of fun!

Bye,
Elayna

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey... sounds like you had a BLAST!!!
Wish I could be there with you.

ttyl...
Joanna

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home