Friday, June 30, 2006

Romans 14:10-13

This morning I read Romans 14, and I've been reading in an altrenate version because, at least for me, so often I read the verses that I've heard so many times, and they just plain don't say anything to me. But, if I read them in a different version, I can hear them again...So this really spoke to me. It's Romans 14:10-13 from the Weymouth New Testament...

"But you, why do you find fault with your brother? Or you, why do you look down upon your brother? We shall all stand before God to be judged; for it is written, "As I live,' says the Lord, 'to Me every knee shall bow, and every tongue shall make confession to God." So we see that every one of us will give account of himself to God. Therefore let us no longer judge one another; but, instead of that, you should come to this judgment--that we must not put a stumbling-block in our brother's path, nor anything to trip him up."

This is such a hard thing for me, because i'm so quick to judge others, especially my siblings. But...I'm working on it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home