Friday, June 09, 2006

Blessings, Blessings Everywhere!

I’m absolutely surrounded with blessings, and have been from birth. It makes it difficult to recognize and be grateful sometimes, because it never occurs to me that something would be otherwise…I’ve been raised in a Godly home, both my parents love the Lord and train and encourage us to love Him and each other, I’ve been home schooled all my life and been very sheltered and protected from a lot of the lies that many young people today are tortured with, I’m just very blessed!
Thus, it was eye-opening to me when the following incident happened on Tuesday night…We had Joel over along with one of his roommates, David Meyers. The guy had a lot of questions about home schooling and such…then after supper, I heard him tell Papa something. First he point toward me. I was feeding a bite of baby food to Davy in the highchair and then turning around and putting a bite of beans and rice in Ben’s mouth and then back to Davy, then Ben…and every so often taking a bite of my own… Then the guy points out my mom over at the counter serving ice cream for everyone… And then he asks Papa, “How did you do this? I would never think of serving my sisters…” Papa told him it was only by the grace of God. But for me, it was significant. I don’t even think about so many of the aspects of our family that really are, in reality an amazement to others! Honestly, it is true joy to me to serve Ben and David. Benjamin is the world to me, and I think I could do anything for him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home