Monday, May 01, 2006

Yes, we're just busy!

Being home can be summed up in one word: BUSY!!!!! I just love having a blog…but sometimes I wonder if I should have one if I can’t post on it regularly. Oh well, I’ll try harder. Once a day, or at least that’s my goal, and boy have I failed recently!
On a lighter note, we’ve been having a great time around here. We had a points challenge last week and the reward was a secret. We didn’t know where we were going. It was an “outing” and Mama would tell us nothing about it. As we were ready to go, Mama emphasized that everyone needed to bring socks and when Peter had one with a hole in it, we turned around and went back so Peter could get a sock that didn’t have a hole in it. Dudley figured it out. Soon after, Zeez figured it out. She told Ben where we were going. Ben told me… so everyone knew except Peter. We laughed all the way there and then Peter got it when we were almost in sight of the place we were going to… BOWLING!!! The first time anyone in our family has gone! Well, of the kids, excluding Dan cause he went with some friends once out in Texas but he wasn’t on this trip so that didn’t matter.
A lot of other things have been going on…on Thursday night, we (Papa, Dan, Dud, Peter and I) went to the Apple Valley Bluegrass Festival in Longcreek (45 minutes away? Maybe?) It was great!!! We got to hear Tugalo Hollar, and Carolina Backroads. That was the third time I’d heard Tugalo Hollar, but the other guys, they are really good!! The fiddler they had was Shawn Lane…he’s like Nationally known…and he gives fiddle lessons up in Pickens and so we’re looking at him maybe giving Dud and I lessons plus him coaching us as a band…it’s a pretty cool opportunity!
I gotta go, but I hope I shall return!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home