Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Wow!

We just got back from lessons...and, yah, Shawn Lane is good! Dudley played Orange Blossum Special...and then Shawn played some of what he would do in the "E" part... then I played Uncle Pen that I've been working on...because every fiddle player is supposed to be able to play that...I stumbled through my break (and I played it about as well as ever before) and then he says, "You know, I played some with Bobby Hick and you know he played with Bill, and he was one of the first ones to record Uncle Pen...he taught me the real way to play it.." And he proceeded to play the most awesome Uncle Pen I've ever heard! It was great!
He really helped us on the vocals too, which is one of the core reasons for the whole thing. It was a really good lesson!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home